1 2 3 4

So Random Saturday: Presently Reading w/ Mr. Pinkman

So Random Saturday is a feature I created that has sub memes. Like today with Presently Reading w/ Mr. Pinkman. Presently Reading is something I wanted to do in the spirit of So Random Saturday, something funny, and at the same time show off what I'm reading. Pretty brilliant idea, if I do say so myself. xD!
Mr. Pinkman: There weren't enough pretty girls like this one in my day.



Mr. Pinkman: So, Asher, can you tell us about what you're reading?

Asher Knight: Well, as you can probably see it's Iron King by Julie Kagawa. Apparently it's about Meghan Chase, who saw her father disappear at a very young age. She hasn't been quite the same since. Eventually, she comes to learn that she is "the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war" (Back of the book).


Mr. Pinkman: Cool. Can you share an excerpt for potential readers?

Asher Knight: I think that'd be alright. Just to intrigue the readers:
"Ten years ago, on my sixth birthday, my father disappeared.

No, he didn't leave. Leaving would imply suitcases and empty drawers, and late birthday cards with ten-dollar bills stuffed inside. Leaving would imply he was unhappy with Mom and me, or that he found a new love elsewhere. None of that was true. He also did not die, because we would've heard about it. There was no car crash, no body, no police mingling about the scene of a brutal murder. It all happened very quietly.

On my sixth birthday, my father took me to the park, one of my favorite places to go at the time...We were at the edge of the pond, feeding the ducks, when I heard the jingle of an ice cream truck...When I begged my dad to get me a Creamsicle, he laughed, handed me a few bills, and sent me after the truck.

That was the last time I saw him..." (Chap. 1, Pg. 9)

Mr. Pinkman: Heeeey, why'd you stop? *whines* It was just getting good.

Asher Knight: Well, if you want to read more, you're just going to have to go out and get the book. Buy it or rent it, maybe. It does sound really good though.

Mr. Pinkman: *glares* Yeah, it did. You didn't have to tease me...or the readers. And you know I can't read, Asher!

Asher Knight: *grins* ANYWAY, here are some links to learn a little bit more about the Iron Fey series:

0 comments: