1 2 3 4

Covetable Covers (2): Wings and Things

Covetable Covers is a feature I go about putting together to spotlight some very desirable and alluring book covers that correspond to the theme I've selected for this week's post. Want to visit past Covetable Covers posts?
Click here to view Covetable Covers entries old and recent!

So, I got an unsolicited peek at the cover for Incarnate by Jodi Meadows thanks to the Lovely Eleni from La Femme Readers, and, incidentally, you can hop over to the post following this linky and check out what Eleni had to say about it. As for me, one look and I was hooked.

While I'm not big on the font - I'd've preferred something pretty and magical-looking, maybe even swirly and curly - the colors undoubtedly draw the eye! Such a pretty blend of vivid hues and a perfect face to boot! What really caught my attention, though, was the butterfly wings - I mean, hullo, they are like right there in your face. It pops and it makes a statement, you know? I know that this book is going to be very unique, different - good different or bad different has yet to be determined, though. 

And the whole butterfly thing... wouldn't that kind of be symbolic for change, reemerging as something new and beautiful? We've all seen the caterpillar-to-butterfly process, yes? So the symbolism is not lost on you, either. But, unlike me you're probably scratching your head in regards to the connection to the story, right?

So, I give you le synopsis:

NEWSOUL
Ana is new. For thousands of years in Range, a million souls have been reincarnated over and over, keeping their memories and experiences from previous lifetimes. When Ana was born, another soul vanished, and no one knows why.

NOSOUL
Even Ana’s own mother thinks she’s a nosoul, an omen of worse things to come, and has kept her away from society. To escape her seclusion and learn whether she’ll be reincarnated, Ana travels to the city of Heart, but its citizens are suspicious and afraid of what her presence means. When dragons and sylph attack the city, is Ana to blame?

HEART
Sam believes Ana’s new soul is good and worthwhile. When he stands up for her, their relationship blooms. But can he love someone who may live only once, and will Ana’s enemies—human and creature alike—let them be together? Ana needs to uncover the mistake that gave her someone else’s life, but will her quest threaten the peace of Heart and destroy the promise of reincarnation for all?

Jodi Meadows expertly weaves soul-deep romance, fantasy, and danger into an extraordinary tale of new life.

I know, I know, why must we be forced to wait for this seemingly stupendous novel? But, wait, there's more!

Have no fear, I've found some other books that keep to the theme and you might want to try!

            


I fell in deep like with Hush, Hush, mostly because of the main duo, Nora and Patch. Odd names though they may be, these two were irresistible, both apart and together. It's reassuring to me, when I find a heroine that I know can stand on her own two feet and manage to fight her way through, as I'd like to think that, if given the same situations to handle, I'd be able to hold my own in the midst of scary, insane paranormal encounters. And Nora did that for me. 

Although I didn't finish Halo by Adornetto, book one in her series - stiff writing, a plot heavily drenched in instaluv minus the action is not a good combo for my digestive system - I am sorely tempted to pick up this second book, Hades. I'm a cover girl through and through, and this particular cover... *reaches out to stroke* I'm getting the sexy and dangerous vibes here, people. Hmmm, what do you think? Give Halo another go-go?  Maybe the second one will be better, more to my tastes...?

        


More angel books! 

I could just die from pleasure by looking at Fallen Legion! The cover is STUNNING. But, more, I'm always a up for a battle between good vs. evil! An Angelic War is coming and Gabriella, apparently, is out to stop it and save her fellow angels. Still, alas, this is the FOURTH book in the series. Which means, yes, it would be wise to pick up its predecessors first. *sigh* So much reading, so little time.

Now, I'm not a BIG fan of the cover for Kindred, but I'm totally ready to jump into the story. Apparently, there's this girl who ends up being visited by the angel Raphael and is sent on - what I'm assuming to be - a holy quest/mission/thing. Meanwhile, her twin bro has been visited by the guys downstairs if you catch my drift... you know, that special place where all the bad people go. Yeah, there.  I'm just a teeny bit worried and wary of this one though, only because I don't want to have my heart broken should this pair of siblings be forced into an outcome that'll tear up their relationship...

      


Yes, yes, I've dispensed with the angel books. Instead, I give you fairies... and company...?

I said before that I've run across different, but Luminous defies the norm! I have never heard of skin-walkers who can cloak themselves with new skins made from the elements of our world... I KNOW, you're like WHAT OMFG?!? Me too. I'm completely besotted by that cover. No, really. Another gorgeous book I'd love to take home to my... shelf. Not to mention the added mystery of a psychopath on the loose in this never-before-heard-of-or-seen magical world! I cannot WAIT.

Moving on, I've decided that I'm in love with Amanda Ashby. Anyone who is skillful enough to make such a fabulous, funny play on words is a potential friend of mine. Goblin-Demon Killers spells trouble, delectable trouble anyway. AND I'm sensing an adorable romance on the horizon and witty, hilarious dialogue to go with! I'm hoping this book is as cute, funny, and addictive as I'm anticipating it to be, hoping that my feelings for this book resemble those for books like Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins. Fairy Bad Day is definitely on my oh-em-gee-I-want list.

Looking for something else to read that fits the theme? 
You might want to try:


Wings by Aprilynne Pike just might be your spot of tea!

Alas, we come to a close for this week's Covetable Covers post. Fare thee well, fellow book lovers! Feel free to smack me, good-naturedly, with your thoughts before you go!

2 comments:

Jodi Meadows said...

Thanks for adding INCARNATE to this post! I'm glad you like the cover; I love it, too!

Marathon said...

Oh, Jodi, I assure you it was no hardship. That cover is DIVINE, EXCEPTIONAL. Thanks for stopping by!