1 2 3 4

In My Mailbox (19)


So, I've decided that I want to post my IMMs on Fridays now. Mainly because I get all my bookish stuff by then and so I don't want to wait until Sunday anymore. Especially when I'm so excited!


Credit for this meme: Kristi @ The Story Siren

I'd also just like to note that Kristi's IMM vlogs are what inspired me to start my blog. 
She made it look like so much fun! And now I know why.


Free Books  

All links below lead to Goodreads.com. (What is Goodreads.com?)

Chains by Laurie Halse Anderson
Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen
So B. It by Sarah Weeks
Specials by Scott Westerfeld
Green Angel by Alice Hoffman

I picked these up for either two reasons:
One, I thought the covers were pretty or they intrigued me way or another.
And two, the title caught my attention.

Bought/Gifted


Cascade (River of Time #2) by Lisa T. Bergren

You're seeing right. I JUST GOT CASCADE, PEOPLE.
I don't even know how to go about describing my desire for this second book. With my blog-buddies like Logan and Smalls, for example, posting up reviews and other such Bergren-related awesomeness I've been drowning in envy. No more. Especially since I read it yesterday. Seriously. And it was... WOW. More, please! I am so not through with this series yet!

And speaking of awesome Bergren-related stuff as well as the fabulous Small Review...


I know, right?! Smalls is ten shades of extraordinary! Did not see that one coming at all.

Now, for those of you that are just kind of looking at this image quizzically, let me explain to you what you see here. Yesterday, my mom handed me this envelope that was delivered to her job that she knew, though it was addressed to her, wasn't for her. I admit, I've been expecting a few things to come in this week, but I looked at the envelope and was puzzled. Then I saw who sent it and I got even more confused. I opened it up and I was all smiles. Last week, I commented on Smalls's IMM that I was jealous of her ultra cool autographed River of Time bookmarks. A week later I have one of my own. Plus, two other awesome bookmarks to books that I've already put into my TBR. Thanks a million, Small Review!

For Review


Euphoria by Jourdan Alexandra 

Jourdan was so sweet when she approached me about Euphoria. Right off, her book caught me. Maybe it was the title? The odd yet pretty cover? But, despite my large to-read pile I decided to take this book on. And I'm excited! I can't wait to get to it.



I'm so intrigued by this one! Definitely sounds different. A Scottish grim reaper who falls for a dead girl? Yes, please! Thanks for thinking of me, Cyndi~

NetGalley - Also for Review

   


First of all gorgeous covers! I couldn't resist. They're eerie and creepy, but so cool-looking. I think I'm going through a phase, you guys. I'm lurving the creep-fest.
"You are terrified of a life without the thrill of the macabre."
--Holmes (Robert Downey Jr.) to Watson, Sherlock Holmes

    

Wisdom's Kiss by Catherine Gilbert Murdock 

I don't really go for the MG characters like in The Star Shard, but there was something about the cover, first, and then the summary that made me want to pick this one up. I hope I'm not disappointed. And then Wisdom's Kiss sounds like a quite the ride. I wonder with these three story threads will leave me. And I really want some romance. Who I want Tips to get with will depend on how well I think he suits with one of the two girls...

Borrowed/(Not Pictured)

           

The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen
Glimmerglass by Jenna Black
Shadowspell (Glimmerglass #2) by Jenna Black

Unfortunately, I had to give these back to the library before I could do this post, so I couldn't get a snapshot of them. I've already finished 'em and they all fell between fairly good and ridiculously awesome-I'm-such-a-fan! Can't wait to review these babies! Look out for future posts on these.

Dee You En...

And that was my week. Pretty eventful, huh? I was really excited to get so much. My reading pile is like a mile-high now, and I'm starting to struggle to fit it all in. I hope I have room for more. I really, really do, because these books look fantastic!


What did you get in your mailbox?

Let me know. Smack me, good-naturedly, with your thoughts!

5 comments:

Sapphired Dragon said...

Wow! What an awesome haul this week! I have been seeing both Bergren novels around a bit lately and thinking they look quite interesting. I also love the bookmarks. As far as I am concerned you can never have too many book marks :-p

If you want to check my IMM, it's here : http://sapphireddragon.blogspot.com/2011/06/in-my-mailbox-6.html

Happy reading and have a great week !

Cait said...

You got some good books! I've wanted to read glimmerglass for ages! I'm a new follower via IMM =]

The Cait Files

A Beautiful Madness said...

You got some really great books! Flipped sounds like a really good books. Happy Reading!
My IMM

Karis Jacobstein said...

Great week! I got the same two NetGalleys that you did. They both look great!

http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/06/in-my-mailbox-monday-8.html

Small Review said...

You have a great mailbox this week! Glad you got the bookmarks ok :) I LOVE Flipped. My fiance knows that one as the book with the eggs that makes me cry. There's also a fantastic movie version (but watch it after you read the book). Hope you enjoy all your books!