1 2 3 4

Waiting On Wednesday April Edition: Dorothy Must Die & To All the Boys I've Loved Before

Ah, when was the last time I did a WoW post? I used to love doing these every week, before I complicated matters here and tried to tweak things. Whatever happened to just having fun with this? Well, that's just what I'm going to try to get back to.

I love this meme because it helps me narrow down and sort through my bookish desires. By prioritizing certain releases, I have a nice list of things I want to read next. And if there's one thing I love doing it's gotta be list-making.

Dorothy Must Die was an easy choice, the first book to come to mind when I thought on releases I desperately wanted. At first, it was really all about a title like that. I don't think there's anyone who can resist that title, and let's not forget to mention that cover. Hence all the buzz I'm sure.

Then you've got a supremely unique twist on the classic story, one whose anniversary hits this year, and I'm all anxious excited for what this undoubtedly inventive tale will bring.

Plus, I've already begun the prequel and it's so gooood.

Now try as I might, it has never been the perfect time to start Jenny Han's previous triogy. Every summer I start to reach for it and then lose the urge on the way. I guess it's because the premise never really captured me, and the only reason I want to read it is due to the amount of love there is for the books.

But this time around, well, this is EXACTLY my kind of premise. There's going to be all kinds of character growth and everything, yes, but I just love the idea of a main character finding herself bombarded by old crushes, ones who may have actually felt something back.

It's going to be so emotional and will do all kinds of things to my heart, and I can't WAIT.

*insert world-weary sigh* I hate waiting, don't you?

12 comments:

Marathon said...

I am so excited for Dorothy Must Die. I am glad to hear that the prequel is good. I have such high hopes for this one that I will be crushed if it doesn't live up to the hype. Sounds like I can stop worrying! I enjoyed Jenny Han's Summer series and will definitely be watching for her new one. Great picks! ~Megan

http://wp.me/pzUn5-1UA

Marathon said...

This is the third blog I've seen feature Dorothy Must Die this week. I'm not a huge Wizard of Oz fan, but I do enjoy retellings. So I might check this one out.

WOW
Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

Marathon said...

Nice WOW picks. I have seen these around the blogosphere. They look good.

Grace

Marathon said...

Two great choices---Dorothy Must Die is really good and I'm dying to read To All The Boys! I've never read a Jenny Han book but I'm excited to try this one!

Marathon said...

Amara! You're back! Every week (since I've been back blogging) I check your blog and feel ad but today I am HAPPY!


I am keen for both of these, bring them on!

Marathon said...

I missed you, darling! So funny because I was watching your blog as well!

Marathon said...

Hi!! Long time no talk!
Exactly, I never got around to Han's books but THIS is the kind of book I want to make a priority.

Marathon said...

Yeah, I realize I'm not that original but I COULDN'T HELP MYSELF. XD

Marathon said...

I know exactly what you mean! I'm reading a book now, but as soon as I finish I have to get back to the prequel. I hate when my e-reader dies because then I forget about what I had been reading on it by the time I start a new one! Thanks so much for stopping by!

Marathon said...

Thanks Grace! I think so too and I hope they live up!

Marathon said...

Really interesting choices! I'm very intrigued by All the Boys I've Loved, but how could one go past the title Dorothy Must Die? Looks like I may have two more books for my tbr! Hope you love these when you get to them!

Marathon said...

I'm super curious about Dorothy Must Die - it's been getting awesome buzz and the more I see it around it just makes me want to read it more XD I hope we can both get our hands on that one soon!! Great picks ^^