1 2 3 4

2011 Debut Author Challenge

I'm really excited because this morning I filled out the sign up form for the 2011 Debut Author Challenge hosted by The Story Siren.The objective is basically to read as many 2011 YA/MG debut novels as we can (though the Story Siren is challenging us to at least 12, I think) and then our reviews will count toward the (SUPER) monthly prize packs consisting of several amazing books.

It looks like so much fun. By the time I started book blogging and found out about the 2010 challenge it had already been too late to sign up (at least it seemed like it), so I've been anxiously awaiting for this upcoming year's challenge. I'm actually a little nervous (the kind of nervous that gets you pumped).

Okay, I've color coded all the books on my *potential* 2011 challenge list. The first are the novels I hope to incorporate in this feature I'm working on called Making a Wish @ 11/11 (more info on that coming soon), which is highlighted in red. The second type is in blue and it signifies that these books are my online galleys (THANKS NETGALLEY!). If they are both an online galley and a potential addition to my new feature they will be in purple. I'm using green to distinguish those books that have no listed release date. And finally, black/grey means these books are tentative; I'm unsure if I can get to them in this new year, though I very badly want to read them.

So, here we go:

(keep in mind that I will *hopefully* continue to update this list as needed)

Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
Lost Voices by Sarah Porter 
Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton
The Betrayal of Maggie Blair by Elizabeth Laird
Trickster's Girl by Hilari Bell
Populazzi Elise Allen
Lost in the River of Grass by Ginny Rorby
Savannah Grey by Cliff McNish
Everything I was by Corrinne Demas
What Can't Wait by Ashley Hope Perez
The Vespertine by Saundra Mitchell
The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
The Cellar by A. J. Whitten
Always a Witch by Carolyn MacCullough

Divergent by Veronica Roth
The Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney
Warped by Maurissa Giubord
Wake Unto Me by Lisa Cach
Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys

Awaken by Katie Kacvinsky

Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini
Wither by Lauren DeStefano
Blood Magic by Tessa Gratton
Clarity by Kim Harrington
Across the Universe by Beth Revis
Falling Under by Gwen Hayes
Die for Me by Amy Plum
Timeless by Alexandra Monir
The Faerie Ring by Kiki Hamilton
Forsaken (The Demon Trapper's Daughter) by Jana Oliver
A Touch Mortal by Leah Clifford
Entangled by Cat Clarke
Exposed by Kimberly Marcus
So Shelly by Ty Roth
Bumped by Megan McCafferty
Breath of Angel by Karyn Henley
Possession by Elana Johnson
Wildefire by Karsten Knight

A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davies
The Unbecoming of Maya Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Witch Eyes by Scott Tracey

Care to join in on all the fun for this brand spankin', fantastic year coming up? Great! Sign up for the 2011 Debut Author Challenge by clicking (here). And for more information go (here). Also, if you have any questions you can go over (here) to read the FAQ.

4 comments:

the story siren said...

thanks so much for joining the challenge!! good luck and happy reading!

Elise said...

Hey! Thanks for including Populazzi! Can't wait to hear what you think!

All the best,

Elise

Marathon said...

@ Elise,

You're absolutely, positively welcome! I can't wait to read it!

~Asher

Ashley Hope PĂ©rez said...

Yay for seeing What Can't Wait in purple! Thank you! Your feature sounds quite tantalizing...

www.ashleyperez.com