1 2 3 4

R.I.P. L.K. Madigan

Scrolling around the blogosphere, it was brought to my attention by Eleni at La Femme Readers that the author of the wonderful The Mermaid's Mirror and Flash Burnout, L.K. Madigan, passed away yesterday. In early January, she announced that she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, and unfortunately, as Eleni stated, "the horrible illness took this shining angel away from us."


As horrible as this is, I didn't expect to feel so sad by this shocking news. But, not only am I always sad to find out someone has passed away, it feels even more saddening to me simply because I read something that she herself penned. And seeing as how now she will no longer be able to cause ripples in the book world in the future, my heart aches for what we, the readers, have lost, as well as for her family, friends, and other loved ones. I'm truly sorry, and offer my heartfelt sympathies and condolences.

If you'd like to know if you can do anything for L.K. Madigan and her family, please see Eleni's RIP L.K. Madigan post...

0 comments: