1 2 3 4

Top Ten Tuesday (9)



Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish that features bookish lists with fun, creative topics to showcase our (bloggers') interests.

Click here to see past Top Ten Tuesday posts.You know you want to.



This Week's Topic Choice: Top Ten Authors I'd Die to Meet



This week was basically easy for me, because, if you haven't already noticed, I have a Would SO Stalk These Authors list, to which I can refer. But, still, I'll list them anyway, with covers included ;)

1) Stephanie Perkins: Anna and the French Kiss began my lifelong love affair with Perkins's novels, even though so far she's only written ANNA and LOLA. But, I'm at the point where you'll see me in front of Barnes & Noble or at the edge of my seat readying to click the order button on Amazon the day of Lola and the Boy Next Door's release. I'm, like, her number one fan in the whole round world. (I was so mad I couldn't go to her casual meeting in NY a few weeks ago! Oh, cruel world!) I'm not a nutcase, I promise.

2) Karsten Knight: I would never admit this to his face, but I check his blog, like, every day, for a new vlog. A new update on Wildefire. Talk about Wildefire. Anything Karsten-or-Wildefire-related. Me and my sisters look forward to Karsten's vlogs every week because we can always count on getting a good laugh and learning some cool stuff on upcoming books. Plus, Wildefire is MADE OF EPICNESS/WIN. I've mentioned this. (A review is on it's way.) So, obviously, I'll have to track him down so that he can sign my phantom copy. Otherwise, how will I go on?

3) Rachel Hawkins: I actually had a moment of indecision between placing Hawkins before Kagawa, but then I remembered this, and I knew the decision was out of my hands. And Hawkins is on the top of my list for a reason. If you've already read her books, you'll already know what I'm about to say next: Rachel Hawkins is one of the funniest authors EVER. Sophie Mercer, from her Hex Hall series, is funny, but she ain't got nutin' on Rachel. (Anybody else looking forward to Rebel Belle?)

4) Julie Kagawa: I have to pay homage to the woman who invented le Iron fey, AND Ash, Puck, Grimalkin, Meghan, and Glitch. If I didn't, it would be like refusing to acknowledge the genius that is the man/woman who invented doughnuts... or... or... lasagna! I'm hoping that the day I get to finally meet her, she'll draw me something cool featuring Ash, Puck, and Grimalkin. Perhaps one of them could remove their shirt... for the sake of the art, of course.

5) L.J. Smith: I almost put Lisa T. Bergren in this spot... almost. But, I have to pay L.J. her dues first. After all, she IS the one who got me into the paranormal romance world. Who really pushed me into YA lit, with her amazing Nightworld and Secret Circle series. I'd have to meet her first before Lisa.

6) Lisa T. Bergren: But, I don't think I could survive without meeting Lisa just once in my lifetime. Lisa and her River of Time series are irreplaceable, invaluable, and utterly fantastic! (Why haven't I had Lisa on the blog, yet? :O)

7) Cassandra Clare: Besides my total obsession with the Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices, Clare is a brilliant storyteller with addictive writing. I'd love to just sit down with her one day and pick her brain apart, ply her with questions about her writing. (Boy, she would just love that.) But, back to my fixation with the aforementioned series, I'm obliged to meet the creator of one of the most fascinating places, characters, beings, things, objects, couples, etc. that I've ever had the pleasure of encountering.

8) Melissa de la Cruz: Speaking of great couples, de la Cruz is the master of that. I love how she paired off everyone throughout her series. I just plain love Blue Bloods and all the ensuing books. I'm an avid fan and require a meeting with her at least once. If only to have her write Team Kingsley on the back of my hand, with her signature underneath.

9) Jandy Nelson: I'd have to meet the woman who wrote one of the most perfect, emotional stories EVER. The Sky is Everywhere resides in a special corner on my shelf and in my heart. And I reread/skim through it often.

10) Kiersten White: Choosing this slot was a bit of a toughie, but Kiersten won the fight (using pink, sparkly boxing gloves as her weapons). I don't think there's been a YA author who's made me simultaneously laugh hard, cry long, and love characters enduringly. I still think of Evie and Lend and Reth, among others. (Have I mentioned that I CANNOT WAIT FOR SUPERNATURALLY? No? Well, now I have.) So, it became clear that I would have to corner White at one point. I really want her to sign my locker.



And that's all I've got to say for this week's Top Ten Tuesday. Smack me, good-naturedly, with your thoughts!

6 comments:

Kate Maxwell said...

Wow! What a list! I look forward to trying some of these authors. Though, I have read Stephanie's 'Anna and the French Kiss' and was glad I read it right before going to Paris.

I started following. I hope that you check out my Dinner Party list

Marathon said...

Kate - Yay! A fellow ANNA fan! God, I'd kill to go to Paris, mainly because of ANNA. Thanks for stopping by, and the follow!

I'll be sure to do the same!

Michelle Santiago said...

yes! i too would happily stalk stephanie perkins (LOVED anna and the french kiss), rachel hawkins (the hex hall series is perfection) and julie kagawa (iron fey series is so addicting).

-Michelle

Marathon said...

Cool, maybe we could hitch a ride together. We'll travel the states in search of these brilliant women and writing masterminds! (My sentiments exactly, for each of those books... I can't believe both Hex Hall and Iron Fey series are coming to an end!)

ME said...

Hmmm, I kind of wish I'd remembered Cassandra Clare for my list! I love her!

My Top Ten and a SHAMEFUL memory

Marathon said...

Who doesn't? She's fabulous. Thanks for stopping by!