1 2 3 4

Blogger Hop (10)

Book Blogger Hop was created by Jennifer @ Crazy for Books, as a way to bring bloggers closer together and to discover more, more, and more to read!

For more information: click here.



This week's question:
"What is your favorite Halloween costume?
Even if you don’t celebrate, what kinds of costumes do you like?"

Jamie @
The Perpetual Page-Turner
sure knows how to
pick 'em! Great minds
think alike & all that!
Well, my costume from last year I liked a lot. I go for costumes that you can piece together on your own. I'm not talking about testing your sewing skills or anything nearly as drastic (or in my case, dangerous). More like having an idea of what you want to be, then following through, hopping through bunches of stores looking for the elements of your costume. Last year, for example, I was a pirate. I'd found this cute overcoat with skulls and medallion-shaped buttons, tore up a red t-shirt to make a bandana, and wore all black underneath, ending in my favorite pair of boots. I have to say, I think it was a success.

But, my ultimate Halloween fantasy is having a specially designed costume just for me à la Lola Nolan (from Lola and the Boy Next Door). How freaking awesome would that be?

Even if you're not participating in the hop, my question to all of you bystanders is what was your most memorable Halloween? And what costume were you wearing?

Rules for Blogger Hop:
  1. Your blog should have content related to books, including, but not limited to book reviews.
  2. Head over to http://www.crazy-for-books.com/ and enter your book blog link in the Linky List below.
  3. Post about the Hop on your blog and answer this week's featured question.
  4. Visit other blogs in the Linky List!

And that's all from me! Thank you for hitting up Paranormal Indulgence and happy reading!

15 comments:

La Toya said...

Pirate!! That is an awesome idea for a costume...I tell you, as much as I like Halloween, you'd think I'd have come up with some cool ideas for costumes this year. But, alas...

Very cool blog you got here!!!

xo,
Lah @ LazyGirl Reads

Mandy said...

That would be pretty awesome for a pirate! There are so many awesome ideas out there for costumes! It's so fun to see what people come up with.

Love your new layout. Sorry I haven't been by in a long time!

Marathon said...

Lah- Yeah, but you want to be Dorthy. That's one of my favorite fictional characters!

And thank you!

Amanda- It is fun. Especially when they make up hilarious ones.

Thank you! And it's alright, things happen :)

Unknown said...

Oh! with Lola! That would be awesome! I can imagine how beautiful your costume will be!

Have great weekend!

April (Friday Hops)

Anonymous said...

The one's you create yourself are the best, happy Friday!

Christy @ TheReaderBee said...

Lola would definitely come up with some awesome costumes! Great answer!

Jenna and Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenna and Ashley said...

It would be awesome. What a gorgeous dress. Thank you brilliant author Stephanie Perkins:)

http://fansoffiction.blogspot.com/2011/10/feature-and-follow-friday-and-book_28.html

LadyD Piano said...

What a lovely blog you have. So informative and your writing is excellent.
Thanks for the visit!

Sherre said...

Thanks so much for stopping by!!! I also love that dress. It reminds me of something katniss would have worn that cinna made look like it was on fire in the hunger games

LupLun said...

Yo ho ho, dudette. Do you bring the booty? ~_^

-LupLun
Shooting for the Moon

Unknown said...

I agree - I love the "make-it/find-it/put-it together yourself" numbers versus the prepackaged varieties found at those Halloween costume stores. I bet your pirate costume really stood out from the pack.

Unknown said...

A costume designed by Lola - what a fabulous book-inspired idea!

City Girl Who Loves to Read said...

I wish characters from books made for a more recognizable costume, don't you? I bet Cinna from the "Hunger Games" would make a mean Halloween costume too.

Marathon said...

For those of you who made a mention of Cinna, I haven't read the books, but it's funny because that dress is supposed to have been made by the character according to Jamie @ Perpetual Page Turner's source :)

Thanks all for stopping by, and I was more than happy to pay a visit to all of yours!