1 2 3 4

My Big, Fat TBR Pile (4)

My Big, Fat TBR Pile is a feature in which I showcase future reads that can be found on my to-read pile. It's like multiple "Waiting On..." Wednesdays rolled into one, showcasing a mix of books new, old, and upcoming. I typically do this type of post when I'm too excited for words and NEED to unleash a peek at my wishlist. Mayhap, you will find yourselves as excited for them as I am.

The following links provided will lead you to Goodreads.com.
(What is Goodreads.com?)

   
The Fine Art of Truth or Dare by Melissa Jensen 
Release Date: February 16, 2012

Juliet Immortal by Stacey Jay
ALREADY OUT

Now, I don't know about a lot of teens my age but I grew up with the acting stylings of Molly Ringwald so I got the Pretty in Pink reference, and if this book is anything like it--I'm. So. There. That being said, the fact that They also indicated that this book was a combo of PiP and Anna and the--freaking--French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins heightened my interest. I'm stoked people! The Fine Art of Truth or Dare gives off This Will Be Amazing vibes.

A couple of weeks ago I stumbled across two reviews for Juliet Immortal by April (Good Books and Good Wine) and The Book Smugglers. I think they can do a better job than I of helping you see why I'm so excited for this book!


   
Dragonswood by Janet Lee Carey
Release Date: January 5, 2012

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
Release Date: November 15, 2011

Dragonswood SCREAMS epic paranormal fantasy! Questing, prophecies, magical creatures, Gorgeous Enigmatic Man, all the things I'm craving for right about now!

I loooove the cover for Shatter Me, but I never would've guessed that it was a dystopian novel. Well, actually, the title is a bit of an indication. But, other than that, I wouldn't have a clue. If Juliette is anything like Tris from Divergent, then I can guarantee I'm gonna gobble this up in a heartbeat! Please, oh, please, be as crazy good as Divergent!


  
Forgiven (#3) by Jana Oliver
Release Date: *Blank* 2012

Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor
Release Date: September 27, 2011

Me and the Demon Trappers series have a very complex relationship. One minute I'm lovin' it, then I'm hating it, and then I'm back to obsessing over it again. Oliver has a way of reeling me in at the end so I don't lose interest in the series. And with the way things ended in Soul Thief, I want to know if Riley Blackthorne is going to have her happy ending. It doesn't hurt that Forgiven's cover is my favorite so far in the series. Doesn't hurt one bit.

At first when I saw the Daughter of Smoke & Bone around the blogosphere, I was like what the heck? What's the big deal? Then I read the description, saw the cover... And now I can't take my mind off of it. I mean it's kind of hard to get the idea of a blue-haired, mysterious with a capital "M" heroine out of your mind. AND I've always wanted to go to Prague--this is the first time I'll read a novel based there. I'm getting more AmaZING vibes here, people.


   
Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs
JUST RELEASED

Hush Money by Susan Bischoff
ALREADY OUT

Ever since Mundie Mom's review of Sweet Venom, I have been mentally pawing at the cover of this book. I want to read this NOW. I wish my library would hurry up and acquire it already!

Liz (Planet Print) recently did a review for, I believe, the second book in the Talent Chronicles which Hush Money begins. The world in this book sounds bizarre and dangerous and thrilling--my cup of tea, indeed. And I want to know more about the romance brewing, since it caught my attention in the synopsis right away!


 The Next Always by Nora Roberts
Release Date: November 1, 2011

Okay, so, this isn't exactly a YA novel. In fact, it's an adult romance novel from one of my favorite authors in existence. When I'm not reading or excavating my library in search of That Perfect Book I indulge in adult romances mostly all written by Nora. This is her newest trilogy, and I'm freaking a little over the release date.  It sounds fantastic and wonderful and everything that all of her other books typically have and more. The Next Always will definitely be coming home with me, one way or another, soon.

And that's it for this week's glimpse into my TBR pile. I look forward to showing you more of what's in My Big, Fat TBR Pile.

5 comments:

Ani Raye said...

Great TBR pile! Sweet Venom, Shatter Me and Daughter of Smoke and Bone are on mine as well.

Kate Maxwell said...

Thanks for pointing out these books. Why must we wait so long! Juliet Immortal, The Fine Art of Truth & Dare, and Hush Money all sound great! Now...where did I leave my patience?!?

Marathon said...

Ani- Yay, more anxious readers!

Kate- You probably left in the same place as mine... maybe we can go hunting for ours together...

Rubita said...

I'm listening to the audio version of Juliet Immortal and it's definitely got me intrigued. I was caught by the premise (and amused by the idea of an evil Romeo), but now that I've started the book, I'm enjoying where it's going. It's nice to listen to the audio version, too, and to have a change from the written format.
Ruby

Marathon said...

Rubita- Wow, I've never listened to an audiobook. You've got me curious... and envious. I wish I could be reading Juliet Immortal right about now. I love the themes in this book and I'm hoping it's as wonderful as I think it will be. Hope you enjoy it!