1 2 3 4

Pretty in [Pink] (1)

Pretty in [COLOR] is a brief, random feature that showcases upcoming novels that I'M particularly excited for.

It is quite possible that I could interpret what a certain color looks like differently than you, and to that I say: *shrugs* Oh, well, it can't be helped.

This week's PiC theme is pink.



My thoughts:
  • I'm a HUGE fan of Melissa de la Cruz's Blue Blood series, HUGE, so the fact that Bloody Valentine is releasing in only a few weeks...well, let's just say that my mom will suffer endless torture if this novel doesn't appear before me within the week (possibly the next) that it releases.
  • Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey series is the *shwit*, if ya know what I mean, so I've surpassed that initial excitement and I'm now on a whole other level of emotion that's practically indescribable. I actually have an online copy of this (thanks NetGalley!), and I would be reading it, but, alas, I'm saving it for the Story Siren's 2011 Debut Author Challenge in this new year.
  • I've really got to read Kimberly Derting's Body Finder series everyone likes so much. Desires of the Dead sounds pretty neat and I'm very much intrigued. *adds to library pick up list* Expect to find that I have it in my hands within the month.
  • Eden, the heroine of A Touch Mortal by Leah Clifford, seems so incredibly, remarkably strong it makes the novel all the more appealing. I'm definitely lovin' the whole dangerous, forbidden love aspect that the book implies is incorporated.  And I'm always a sucker for a colossal battle between good and evil, Heaven vs. Hell.
  • I actually have to majorly catch up on the Evermore series by Alyson Noel, but Shimmer appeals to me. I did like meeting and getting to know Riley from the Evermore series, so I'm most likely going to pick up a copy of this one and it's predecessor, Radiance, just to see if I like it.
  • Ah, and lastly, there is Subway Girl by P.J. Converse. I'm extremely curious and interested about/in this novel. I love the whole language barrier between the two main characters, and the novel seems like it'll certainly pull and tug on my emotions.

What upcoming novels are you excited for?

2 comments:

Miss Bookiverse said...

What a cute and unique idea for a feature. I love it :D
I'm looking forward to Subway Girl as well.

Marathon said...

Wow, thank you! And thanks for commenting as well! I'm glad you liked it.

And right? Subway Girl does sound good, doesn't it?