1 2 3 4

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Resolve To Read in 2011

Okay, so this triple T feature/weekly meme is hosted by the totally awesome, so have to follow The Broke and the Bookish! Yes, obviously, I am participating. *bows* Now, for a disclosure: This meme isn't meant to instigate any sort of problems or unhealthy debates, nor is it something authors or fans should take offense by. Top Ten Tuesday is just another way to spread the word about books, and how much they are loved.

ANYWAY, this week's topic: Books I Resolve To Read in 2011, which begs the question what 2010 novels did you not finish reading last year that you plan to finish this year?

1) Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver: I loved Oliver's upcoming 2011 release, Delirium, and I'm super curious to read what I'm assuming is her 2010 debut. So many people stated that they simply adored (loved) this book and I want to find out for myself if I'll feel the same way.

2) Bleeding Violet by Dia Reeves: I've heard that this novel is basically insane! Hannah is what really intrigues me the most, her story and her involvement in the paranormal. I can't wait to get my hands on this one!

3) Captive by Carrie Jones: Or more correctly her entire Need series... The Need series has been the talk of the town for quite some time, and I'm super curious to see what the big deal is! Hopefully, I'll get my wish soon...

4) Bright Young Things by Anna Godberson: When an author can successfully take me into the past and make me enjoy it, then I know I'll definitely love the book throughout. I've read dozens of good reviews as far as this novel goes, and I'm hoping that I enjoy being taken to the Roaring Twenties and keep me reading with that mystery that's going on in the book.

5) TEMPESTUOUS by Lesley Livingston: OhmyGodOhmyOhmyGod! I'm still going crazy for this book's release... Livingston really made a fan out of me with her last book, Darklight, and now I'm riding on the edge of anxiousness and anticipation, (impatiently) waiting for my local library to turn up with the book.

6) The Sapphire Talisman by Brenda Pandos: As well as the first book, The Emerald Talisman. I actually discovered these novels at an event hosted by La Femme Readers and Confessions of a Bookaholic, and now I'm going crazy looking for it somewhere where I can borrow it... It sounds so good and I have a thing for vampires...

7) Radiant Shadows by Melissa Marr: I've read books 1-3 and I haven't had the chance to dive into the fourth one just yet.

8) Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead: I used to be such a huge, huge fan of the Vampire Academy series, then I don't know what happened when the fifth book popped up but I just didn't bother to go out of my way to read it. (Maybe I was going through a reading funk of some sort.) Now, I'm excited as ever to finally have the chance to read it (more on that later in the week).

9) Glimmerglass by Jenna Black: I mentioned earlier in the week during my feature PiC: Blue that I wanted to read this one as I had listed its sequel under the theme. I'm fascinated by the synopsis and I'm hoping it's as good as it sounds.

10) Hourglass by Claudia Gray: Actually all three books after the first one. I know I mentioned in my very first top ten list that the Evernight series was under Books I Will Never Read, because I was too scared of the outcome for this couple to read on, but now, I must admit that I can bear it no longer and must read the latest books. Hopefully soon. ;)

Thanks for reading!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you will enjoy Before I Fall - one of my all time favorites.

Bleeding Violet is on my list too - have to read the craziness for myself! The other series books you have listed are great too.

Lots of good historical fiction out this year (Bright Young Things)

Good luck on your reading goals!

Amanda said...

I loved Before I Fall! Quite excited for Delirium.

Hope you enjoy all of these. Bleeding Violet's one I'd like to read as well!

--Another Book Junkie

Marce said...

Before I Fall is on my list also.

Here is my list

http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2011/01/top-ten-books-i-resolve-to-read-in-2011.html

Straylights said...

Bleeding Violet is one I want to read really soon! Oh and Slice of Cherry!

Ashley @ Bookaholics Anonymous said...

You have some books on here I'm wanting to read also. It was a hard choice for the list. I actually just bought Bleeding Violet. Yea. The evernight series are good books. Well the first two are anyway. :)

Miss Bookiverse said...

Of those I've read Before I Fall and Bleeding Violet. I totally recommend both. BIF is totally beautiful and written so well. Well and Bleeding Violet is indeed completely insane, unlike nothing you've ever read, I promise.

Shanyn said...

The final two Vampire Academy are great - plus they set you up for her spin-off series!