1 2 3 4

Waiting on Wednesday (12)

Click this image to view all of my waiting on wednesday posts.

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that highlights what upcoming releases we're most looking forward to!


Sacrifice: Gabriel and Shay are convinced that they can make their relationship work. Knowing that Shay is half-vampire, Gabriel thinks that his coven will embrace her as one of their own, but instead they view her as an abomination, a thing that doesn’t belong in either world. And they want her dead. Now Gabriel must make the ultimate decision - watch his love be killed by his coven or defy the people closest to him, the people he has spent centuries with to save her. Get to Goodreads. . .

I loooooved CRAVE by Melinda Metz & Laura J. Burns - read my review here - and so I'm anxiously excited to get to the sequel after that dramatic closing. Can/Will Gabriel save Shay from his coven, even if it means betraying them? I don't know, that's what I'm dying to find out! Unfortunately, though, I'm not really a big fan of the cover. Doesn't the girl seem really choppy-looking? It needs to flow better. . . 

Above: Matthew's father had lion's feet and his mother had gills, and both fled the modern-day city to live in underground Safe, a secret community of freaks, ghost-whisperers, and disabled outcasts hidden beyond the subways and sewers. Raised underground, Matthew is responsible for the keeping of both Safe's histories and the traumatized shapeshifter Ariel, the girl he took in, fell in love with – and can't stop from constantly running away.

But Safe is no longer safe: the night after a frightening encounter in the sewers, Safe's founder Atticus is murdered by the one person Safe ever exiled: mad Corner, whose coup is backed by an army of mindless, whispering shadows.

Only Matthew, Ariel, and a handful of unstable, crippled compatriots escape to the city that cast them out; the dangerous place he knows only as Above. Despite Ariel's increasingly erratic behaviour and with the odds against them, Matthew must find a way to rescue Safe from Corner's occupying army. But as his quest leads him through abandoned asylums and the dregs of urban poverty, Matthew discovers that the histories he's devoted his life to aren't true: Corner's invasion -- and Ariel's terrors – are rooted in a history of Safe much darker and bloodier than Matthew ever imagined.

And even if he manages to save both home and Ariel, he may well lose himself.
Find out more at Goodreads. . .

On the other hand, I can't get the cover for ABOVE out of my head. It's so preeeetty. *stares awe-struck* But, I'm a tad nervous about the execution of the story concept. To say I'm intrigued is putting it mildly. Rather, I'm fascinated. But, will I be blown away while reading? I've been fooled many a time by a pretty face, so to speak. Will that be the case here? Still, I'll be picking up the book just off my lust for this BEAutiful cover!

Thanks for stopping by! View my newest WoW choices in two weeks . . .

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Above looks really intriguing. I never would have found it if it weren't for WOW. Going on the goodreads TBR pile!

THANKS!!!

Lisa (Lisa's World of Books) said...

I love both covers!

My Wow post can be found here

Helena said...

Just like you I loooove the Above-cover. But I can't seem to find the actual novel anywhere that ships to me. I'll just have to cross my fingers.

Obsession with Books said...

Great choices & Beautiful covers!

I am a new follower :)

My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

Have a nice week.

Marathon said...

piscesmuse - No problem. I'm mega excited myself!

lisa - I thought people might. But, I'm more for ABOVE. Though I can't wait for both of them.

helena - Aw, that sucks. Really. Maybe try bookdepository.com? They typically ship everywhere.

sharon - I agree, and thanks! I was wondering who number 114 was *jokes*. Seriously, though, thanks for stopping by!

I'll be sure to return the favor to all of you!