1 2 3 4

My Big, Fat TBR Pile (2)

My Big, Fat TBR Pile is a feature in which I showcase future reads that can be found on my to-read pile. It's like multiple "Waiting On..." Wednesdays rolled into one, showcasing a mix of books new, old, and upcoming. I typically do this type of post when I'm too excited for words and NEED to unleash a peek at my wishlist. Mayhap, you will find yourselves as excited for them as I am. 

The following links provided will lead you to Goodreads.com. (What is Goodreads.com?)


Release Date: Sept. 5, 2011
For the synopsis click HERE.

 I HEART Kody Keplinger. She is a magnificent story-teller, and I love her writing style. Simple, honest, and fun narration. Yes, I got all of that from her debut (The DUFF), which I LOVED. So, when I found out about Shut Out I was over the moon and did not jump back down until I noticed it's release date. I'm totally POed at this release date. September is still so far away. (Yes, a little over two months is a LONG way.) I was so envious when I saw people who had gone to BEA with it in pics and what not. The premise sounds awesome - it's based on a Greek play and seemingly all about GIRL POWER. Huzzah!

Release Date: July 26, 2011
For the synopsis click HERE

In last week's In My Mailbox post, I mentioned that the lovely Small Review had gifted me bookmarks. One of them was for Touch of Frost. So of course, I had to hunt down this book on goodreads and add it to my TBR, PLUS do some research, see if I was interested. Turns out I am. Like M...A...J...O...R...L...Y. Smalls said, "Surprisingly fun! Give it a try if you're a fan of Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins." Being that I loooove Rachel Hawkins and her books, it's no wonder I'm dying for this one!

ALREADY OUT.
For the synopsis click HERE.

This is going to sound so superficial, but I have to be honest: The cover is not pretty enough for me. That being said, you're probably wondering why this is on my TBR list and why I'm excited for it, despite my lack of lust for the cover. Besides all of the great reviews it's been getting, the SUMMARY (a big deal since I'm such a cover girl) was actually the cause of my interest. The story sounds crazy and epic and all things awesome, all of the things that I look for and enjoy in a story! The possible romance only adds to its huge appeal.

ALREADY OUT.
For the synopsis click HERE

Guys, I'm going through a serious mermaid phase. I don't know what is. I haven't had such a love of mermaids since the Disney film The Little Mermaid - which was like my favorite movie up until maybe a year or two ago. I had the biggest crush on Eric - and still do - but it was always Ariel that captivated me. I loved the whole idea of living under the sea and making sea creature friends. A big plus, though, was the fact that she was a freaking princess. So, the fact that the heroine in this one is not only a mermaid but also a freaking princess (You've guessed by now that I have a bit of a princess fetish, right?), makes me want to go out and get this book right now! Hmmm, maybe I will...

Release Date: July 31, 2011
For the synopsis click HERE.

Speaking of mermaids, and my crazy obsession with them, I was decidedly INSANELY HAPPY when I discovered that there's a new up-and-coming mermaid book to be released. First of all, THE COVER IS GORGEOUS. I have secret obsession with cover models who have red hair. I know that sounds weird, but I find red hair so amazing. Especially when it's bright like in this one. Anyway, I like the fact that it seems that there's magic in the ordinary, that there are "secrets lurk[ing] beneath the deep blue waters of Lake Tahoe, secrets that will change Ashlyn's life forever." Go, mermaids!

Release Date: Sept. 1, 2011
For the synopsis click HERE

And so we come to it last, the book, as of right now, that I'm most looking forward to. Let me just begin by saying that, if you haven't already begun the River of Time series, YOU ARE MISSING OUT. Bergren has gifted readers with a phenomenal story, with brave and headstrong heroines and sexy, dreamy guys to fall for. 16th century Italy is DEFINITELY the place to be, especially if it'll land me a hunk like Marcello. (Maybe I can have Greco, since everyone else is taken...?) I'm torn between wanting this book right this minute and postponing its release. A part of me is anxious to know what the finale has in store for us fans and another is desperate to stop it from ending. I don't want this series to end. Yet, the wondering is KILLING ME. I HAVE to know what's going to happen next. September couldn't seem any farther away. :(

And that's it for this week's glimpse into my TBR pile. I look forward to showing you more of what's in My Big, Fat TBR Pile.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shut Out looks so good! Although I still haven't read The DUFF!

Marathon said...

Riiight? The DUFF was hilarious and fun with a great heroine! It's must read.

Books for Company said...

Forgive My Fins is great =)

Marathon said...

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it as soon as possible! I've heard so many wonderful things about it. I'm dying to find out for myself. :)

Small Review said...

I hope you love Touch of Frost! The whole climax and lead up to the next book are so full of win. I thought Forgive My Fins was really cute. It's like a fluffy Disney movie. And the scene in the bathroom is HOT (in a totally PG way).

I love red hair too! I think it's because of Anne of Green Gables. I wanted to BE Anne.

And I can't wait for September either!!! AAh, I don't know what I"m going to do. I want to devour Torrent, but I also want to savor it because it's going to be the end. *sob*

Marathon said...

They all look so freaking good, I can barely supress my desire to read them! Seriously, I want them NOW.

I loved Anne! My mom being an avid Green Gables fan in her youth could not resist bringing her into my childhood. I grew up with all of the classics. And you're right - Anne's hair is to DIE for.

Why must it cease after only three books? The River of Time series must go on! Can't she do like a companion or something? I don't know if I should laugh or cry with the release date approaching so soon. But at the same time it feels like forever. Does that make sense?

Lisa Tawn Bergren said...

A belated footnote...RIVER OF TIME is going on! Woot! One way or another (may be e-only...I'll know this week), but TRIBUTARY (book 4) is Greco's book and begins to transition us into Lia and Luca's love story...So thanks for being part of the tribe that called for more about our favorite medieval Italians.